Grants to Parents Program
The establishment of our grant program has been made possible by funding from the Ragland Family Foundation.
This grant funds families to assist with hearing- and communication-related expenses only. Examples of related expenses (but not limited to):
- Hearing aid fittings and/or repairs (only)
- Ear molds
- Hearing Assistive Technology and accessories
- Insurance deductible and co-pays
- Hearing aid batteries and supplies
- Transportation to hearing-related appointments
- Language and communication modality classes for family members and/or child
- Family must have been referred to and served by BEGINNINGS
- Child with hearing loss must be younger than 22 years old
- Family must reside in North Carolina
- Parents/guardians should be able to clearly outline their need for financial assistance and plans of usage of grant funds.
- Not eligible for other sources of funding for the item or service you are requesting funding for
- Parents may re-apply after twelve months; there is a limit of 3 awards per family.
Applications will be returned if all required documents are not included.
- A current audiological report must be attached to the application (current is within one year of application date)
- A photo of your child
- Recommendation (using the attached form) from a professional who has worked with your child. For example: a therapeutic, educational or hearing health professional such as a speech-language pathologist, early interventionist, early childhood special educator, teacher of the deaf/hard of hearing or audiologist.
- Photo Release form (downloaded, signed and emailed to Raleigh@ncbegin.org)
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and will be reviewed quarterly.
Due dates for applications:
• July 31
• October 31
• January 31
• April 30
After all applications are screened, eligible applications will be reviewed by the award selection committee.
Once the review process is completed, you will be notified via email of award decisions. Letters of notification will also be mailed to all applicants.
Awards will be mailed by:
• August 31
• November 30
• February 28
• May 31
If you have any questions regarding the Grants to Parents program, please direct them to email@example.com or 800-541-4327.
If you prefer to mail in your application rather than submit electronically, Download Form Here.