Grants to Parents Program
The establishment of our grant program has been made possible by funding from the Ragland Family Foundation.
This grant funds families to assist with hearing and communication related expenses only. Examples of hearing related expenses (but not limited to):
- Hearing aid fitting and/or repairs (not to purchase hearing aids)
- Ear molds
- FM systems and accessories
- Insurance deductible and co-pays (there is a maximum of $500 per request)
- Hearing aid batteries and supplies
- Transportation to hearing related appointments
- Classes for communication modalities
- Family must have been referred to and served by BEGINNINGS
- Child with hearing loss must be under the age of 22
- Family must currently reside in North Carolina
- Parents/guardians should be able to clearly outline their need for financial assistance and plans of usage of grant funds.
- Parents may re-apply every twelve months
Application Must Also Include:
- A current audiogram must be attached to the application (12 months from the application date)
- Photo of child
- Recommendation (using the attached form) from a professional who has worked with your child. For example: a therapeutic, educational or hearing health professional such as a speech-language pathologist, early interventionist, early childhood special educator, teacher of the deaf/hard of hearing or audiologist.
- Privacy Release form (downloaded, signed and emailed to Raleigh@ncbegin.org)
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and will be reviewed quarterly.
Dates for accepting application:
• July 31
• October 31
• January 31
• April 30
After all applications are screened, eligible applications will be reviewed by the award selection committee. Once the review process is completed, you will be notified via email of award decisions. Letters of notification will also be mailed to all applicants.
Awards will be mailed by:
• August 31
• November 30
• February 28
• May 31